iTunes Gift Codes to purchase RHK from Mexico (and else where) [was "Re: [Nagnagnag] Re: Nagnagnag Digest, Vol 71, Issue 6"]

Tristan Jutras tristan at webspotter.com
Mon Feb 2 04:11:12 PST 2009

Hi David,

If you set up a new iTunes account by doing the following, you should
be good to go:

1) Log out of your existing iTunes account.

2) While logged out, you should still be able to access the iTunes
Store. Click on "Redeem", near the top left.

3) Enter in your Gift Card or Gift Code and other info, using a US
mailing address (just needs to have a valid zip code). *Don't* enter
in any credit card info (you won't need to anyhow, since it's set up
so that kids can buy music without a credit card).

4) Purchase and download all the iTunes-only RHK to your heart's
content.

I've heard some people have had trouble with location access
restrictions based on their IP address, but I've had no trouble
purchasing US iTunes content from Canada using the method described
above, with both a physical iTunes Gift Card, and an emailed iTunes
Gift Code (see below). Your mileage might vary.

Good luck!

Tristan

P.S. You can find iTunes Gift Codes for sale on eBay, but don't buy
any for less than face value, as these could be purchased with stolen
credit cards and subject to possible cancellation (not to mention bad
karma). Instead, expect to pay a $5-6 premium, so after an initial
test, the larger amount you buy at once, the more economical it is.

I've purchased a gift code from the following seller without a hitch:
http://myworld.ebay.com/urphotos4less/

No connection to seller - just a satisfied customer.  :-)

-