[Nagnagnag] question for brits perhaps - who is this bald dude?

Jon Whitney turbid at turbid.com
Mon Aug 27 18:43:18 PDT 2007

Somebody answered me on the Coil list:

"His stage name was The Dodger or Dodge, his real name was Boris
Pakula (?). He was a bit part actor, painter, photographer and
writer. He also played in bands with ex members of Play Dead and The
Cravats. I once had the pleasure of dragging his sorry arse out of
The Marquee in London when he passed out after being hit on the head
with an effects pedal which the disgruntled guitarist with Lawnmower
Def kicked into the crowd when the soundman turned the monitors off
because they overplayed. He was deported from the UK when he was
caught up in a raid on a brothel near Waterloo Station.... apparently
he was doing the washing up and was dragged off to the police station
without his clothes. We got cards from him from Cuba and South
America where he worked as a lorry driver for aid agencies. He last
resided in Munich. I'd be interested to know why you are interested
in him as he died a few months ago after falling off a motorbike in
Pakistan and developing a blood clot (exacerbated by smoking) which
caused a heart attack or something. More to the point WTF are you
doing watching Frankie Goes To Hollywood videos?"

I can't find his name by googling it however.