[Nagnagnag] RE:/The Converstion/Rumours ( ONLY Kirk? - Or WAS Mal involved TOO?)

Dom Tracey dom.tracey at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 12:21:13 PST 2006

Hi Tim,

"The message" does appear in an early form on the televised
broadcast you mention. A while back I posted this to the Yahoo!
cabs group, regarding a review of 'The Conversation' which
prompted Kirk to reply to the reviewer, his letter touched on the
topic of who actually made the record.....

I will have to point out that the following
info is from memory!
.....At the time of the release of 'The Conversation'
Richard H Kirk wrote a letter which was published
in Mixmag magazine. It was to inform the reviewer
of the 'The Conversation' that it was actually 'his' work.
This comment by Kirk seemed to be fueled by the
fact that the reviewer had regarded the CV album
as 'on form' and 'better', than compared to Kirk solo,
which at the time would have been the Warp / Sandoz era.
Kirk made further comments in the letter suggesting
that Mal had only received a credit for writing, and had
made no studio contribution, as he was in Australia.
If anybody does have this clipping from the Mixmag
letters page, (the issue had Goldie on the cover I think)
it would be great to read it again as I think it certainly
addresses the issues which have recently been discussed,
and will clear up any misquoted inaccuracies on my part!

dom.