[Nagnagnag] RE:/The Converstion/Rumours ( ONLY Kirk? - Or WAS Mal involved TOO?)

TJ Lawless tjlawless at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 2 22:55:07 PST 2006

To add another indistinct sliver of flavouring into the cooking pot that is
the Mal/RHK trilogy debate.... I distinctly remember, on a live televised CV
performance in the 90s (possibly the Plasticity tour, although not
absolutely sure of this) an earlier version of "The Message" being aired on
stage,with spoken word samples ("an original hollywood theme" etc) with Lord
Steven of Mallinder adding his thrusting lusty bass twang to proceedings at
the time...this was the performance where RHK and Mal were interviewed by
Steve Lamacq afterwards, think it went out on Channel 4 too. Anyone remember
this?

The Cabs played to what looked like a suspiciously looking half empty hall
full of 19 year old ponytailed ravers thinking they had discovered CV...

There-indisputable proof (maybe?) that Mal's influence was on formative
versions of tracks on "The Conversation", as "The Message", in a more
polished form, appeared on it,as we all know..

Tim "Horsemouth" Lawless