[Nagnagnag] 'URP'

stuart mann stuartmann at btinternet.com
Thu Jan 26 14:12:54 PST 2006

I cannot agree more - CDs are what I want - however, I'll quite happy with iTunes, if that's all there is....

  It's amazing how much activity this string has created... anyone would think that iTunes is an abstract concept.  However, if Kirk is to release on line stuff, perhaps we should have an option on format.

  Cheers,

  Stuart

paulus hook <p_hook at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
  > tripreset at hotmail.com [Grant Regnaert] writes:

> Do you think Kirk will make an 'URP 5', or do you think
> he is done with his URP series?

Dunno really, you should ask him:

http://www.richardhkirk.com/contact.php

As former 'Daily Show' cast member Stephen Colbert would
say, the 'URP' series are "dead to me" if they continue to be
digital only releases. I want the CD with the Designer
Republic artwork and the albeit minimal liner notes. You
hear that Kirkmeister? Your digital releases are dead to me!

After all, I am good consumer, raised in a material obsessed
society, and I need my fix! It's not about the music. Buying
a CD is about the superficial comfort one gets from having a
5" x 5" mass of plastic in your sweaty little palm! I cannot
derive any security from a bunch of zeros and ones!

I wonder if Richard is secretly watching over the Cabaret
Voltaire and Nag Nag Nag lists like Colin Newman does with
the Idealcopy Wire list? We know you're out there! Come out,
come out!

_p_hook_