[Nagnagnag] RHK on iTunes / questions

Robert Frank doomtrain1974 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 10 20:53:02 PST 2006

My girlfriend has iTunes and she had no problem  getting Bit Crackle and URP Vol. 4 to CD for me.  In fact, they  sound great.  I will ask her how she did it and let you know.
  Clandestine Transmission
  Rob

Matthew Green <greec1 at earthlink.net> wrote:RHK on iTunes / questions      It doesn't count as one of the 10 uses when you sync the song to  your player, only when you burn to CD. It's important to note that in  order to sync in iTunes, the player must be associated with the same  iTunes account as the computer. This happens automatically when you set  up the software the first time. But, for example, if you take your iPod  to your friend's house to sync up a few songs, it will only work if you  let his library overwrite your whole player, so that your player  matches his computer. Also, if you copy the AAC files from his computer  and take them home, they will only sync to your iPod from iTunes if you  have his password.

  It is also important to note that the copyright protection is only  in AAC audio files, and it's written into the song while it's  downloaded from the iTunes store. Songs that someone rips from CD don't  have copyright protection added, even if they're ripped from within  iTunes.

  As far as I know, there isn't any program that can convert from  AAC directly to mp3, and I've looked. Using the AAC to CD to mp3 to  player option only counts as one burn, when the AAC is burned to CD  from within iTunes.

  Hope that helps
  -Matt