[Nagnagnag] RE: The Conversation/Rumours (ONLY Kirk? - or WAS Mal involved too) / Apollo

cars10 carsten at framed-dimension.de
Tue Feb 28 20:24:53 PST 2006

*(Excerpts from) B-Side Magazine - Issue #45, July 1994
*

*Kirk on 'The Conversation' album:*

"There's one track on there, it's the very long track ['Project 80'],
that reminds me of very early Cabaret Voltaire. It actually has a sample
from 'Red Mecca' on there so maybe that's what it's all about!"

*Kirk on Mallinder's involvement in Cabaret Voltaire:*

"Mal's taken a bit of a back seat for the last few records
['Plasticity', 'International Language', 'The Conversation'] and just
let me get on with it which is what I am good at and what I enjoy doing."

[Richard relates that Mal made the move to Australia after the album
['The Conversation'] was recorded in November of 1993]