[Nagnagnag] Lowlife & disc rot

paulus hook p_hook at sbcglobal.net
Wed Mar 30 10:04:12 EST 2005

snaveeel at hotmail.com writes:

> Have you heard the 'Gush' album?  It's one that I've never
> seen for sale and I wonder whether I'm missing anything.

I did not even know they made 'Gush'.  Likewise, I have never
seen the item for sale.

> Lowlife are one of the most underrated bands of the late 80s.

I agree wholeheartedly.

Unfortunately,  the entire Lowlife catalogue was pressed by
Philips and Polygram's PDO plant during their nefarious "disc
rot" period.  Have you noticed that lovely bronzing of your Lowlife
CDs?  Yes, that's your audio decomposing:

http://www.brainwashed.com/rot

Barely any of my Lowlife catalogue is playable.  The Lowlife CDs
are out of production, thus the pressing plant cannot replace
them.  Argh!

Perhaps James Nice should resurrect the band's catalogue on
his ultra-fine Les Temps Modernes label:

http://www.ltmpub.freeserve.co.uk/ltmhome.html

> I assume you know of http://www.permanentsleep.com

Thanks for passing along this link!  What a lovely site, both in
content and design!

Cheers,

Ross