[Nagnagnag] Forced Abstinence?

paulus hook p_hook at sbcglobal.net
Fri Sep 24 01:40:09 EDT 2004

ed.arthur at comcast.net writes:

> Anyone have problems with mail order vendor Forced Exposure?

AB-CD always got the shaft from Forced Exposure, receiving one-third
or less of our purchase orders.  Apparently, they reserve stock for
stores like Other Music, so little shops get the scraps or leftovers.

In your case though, Forced Exposure should have sent you the item
if it was in stock.  They actually prioritize filling retail orders before
the wholesale orders because they make a larger margin on the
retail sales.

>I tried to order 'Blue Skied an' Clear' from them in August, but I still
>haven't gotten things resolved.

Oh yeah, that's that Morr Music compilation from Germany that pays
homage to the band Slowdive, nice one.

I know this sounds crazy, but you might get it quicker from amazon.de,
and you might not pay more than you would at Other Music.  I know
this sounds nuts, but I used to order lots of Ladomat CDs from
amazon.de, and they cost less from Germany than they would have in
the States.  The site automatically subtracts Value Added Tax on items
shipped outside the European Union.

Schöne grüße,

Ross