[Nagnagnag] Kirk's Mute package ...

nic nic at uklinux.net
Mon May 10 16:39:47 EDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-05-10 at 10:18, Thierens, Danny wrote:
> ... arrived - in full - last Friday. I've only had a chance to listen
> to disc # 2 of _Digital Lifeforms_ and really like it. Very much along
> the same lines as the early _Sandoz_ and _Electronic Eye_ stuff, with
> early _Sweet Exorcist_ thrown in for extra bleep-ness.
>
> The pictures on the cover of _Earlier/Later_ are pretty cool, nice
> hairdo RHK !!! I don't have the CD in front of me, but I think those
> pictures were taken in '74 ... around the time CV started.

I've not managed in-depth listening so take the following with a pinch
of salt:

Earlier/Later is interesting. Well worth the cash.

Sandoz DL redux disk 2 is OK. I haven't been struck with awe by anything
yet, but no duffers AFAICT.

But on to the vinyl...

RHK's updates of Martyrs of Palestine are sympathetic to the originals
and (in my view) pretty damn fantastic. No-one can remix RHK like RHK...
The Street Gang remix is more take-it-or-leave-it, but Martyrs of
Palestine floats my boat.

I've listened to side one of the "Return to the Heart of Darkness" remix
EP and that was pretty funky. Better than the redux disk2.

My message for all Cabbers out there is "buy the vinyl". It rocks.

> Looking forward to listening to the rest of the stuff soon ... Still
> waiting for URP 2 !

Amazon say they've shipped mine. Some more details, cover img and
samples:

http://www.juno.co.uk/IP/IF142977-01.htm

> PS : There was a link at the Warp site (www.warprecords.com) to
> http://www.sheffieldvision.com/ with a cool picture of early CV. I
> don't know if the link is still there ...

I'm waiting on that too. I think it'll arrive this week or next.

--
nic <nic at uklinux.net>