[Nagnagnag] Kirk in the 90s

TJ Lawless tjlawless at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 13 21:33:25 EST 2004

Have to disagree with this "Kirk had his best work in 1994" argument I'm
afraid..sorry. Obviously there was a good deal of top stuff in that year
("The Conversation" amonst them). The stuff he's done since then is every
bit as imaginative-"Chant to Jah" was a masterpiece (and unique in his body
of work as well) of dub and electronica, love BCD, since the mid 90's he
released the Nitrogen stuff, Loopstatic, Neurometrik, (which was different
to me than the earlier Electronic Eye CD's), TWAT, Orchestra Terrestrial,
(marvellous)....plus released the Cabs collections and "Live at the
Hacienda", one of my fave live Cabs albums. That first Electronic Eye CD was
ace-but had its fair share of "filler" tracks and ambient twiddling too
which padded out on the 2nd CD....

He's released weaker albums every so often throughout his career to me-I
never saw Number Of Magic or Blacworld as "up there" with his best body of
work, but has always come back stronger-long live the Kirkster! Neither did
I rate Digital Terrestrial-but even RHK is allowed to have these odd moments
of mortality!

Cheers

Tim