[Nagnagnag] Nobody got URP for Christmas I guess?

Pat Slade pslade99 at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 9 10:53:00 EST 2004

Hi Colin,

You are probably right.  I have gotten so used to angry young man Kirk that
when he goes strictly for the dance party USA sound, I have trouble shifting
gears I suppose.

BCD and TWAT were a lot more aggressive, and maybe I just like that.  Plus,
they had that thematic thing going on that I mentioned before, whereas URP
comes across to me like collection span, which of course it is.  There's
just a bit of dissonance there that stands out to me.  On some of his other
albums, you many times get the same samples through-out an album, that's an
aspect of Kirk's work that I really love, and I guess I just miss it from
his latest release.

All in all though, it's all good, and also to see some activity here.

Keep on,

pat