[Nagnagnag] Nobody got URP for Christmas I guess?

nic nic at uklinux.net
Fri Jan 9 09:36:40 EST 2004

On Thu, 2004-01-08 at 21:20, Pat Slade wrote:
> Hey naggers,
>
> Have the times changed that much?  A new Kirk album comes out, and the
> response on the nag list is nil?

I love Kirk's dancey stuff, so I was enjoying each track until he
decided to stutter-mix[1] virtually all of them into "Earth Loop". Not
that I have anything against Kirk's unique(?) new mixing style - it's
pretty kewl - but it interrupts every track on URP.

In fact "Earth Loop" is one of my favourite tracks of all time, and one
of the ones on URP is just a remix of it - which I loved, until RHK got
bored and started knob-twiddling and cut it short.

All in all, a love/hate mix for me. Great tracks, ruined by some 2003
reproduction/remixes.

nic

Footnotes:
[1] I've just invented this term to describe RHK's new mixing/chopping
style. If there's a better way to describe it let me know.