[Nagnagnag] Hafler Trio / Chris Watson

Robert Frank doomtrain1974 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 23 13:36:28 EST 2004

As far as I know Chris Watson is on those.  Four Ways Of Saying Five is a long lecture with a track after that.  Chris Watson is one of the lecturers talking about Robert Spridgen I think.  I got "A Small Slice Of Tranquility" which he did for BBC 4, it is very interesting.
DOom

"Thierens, Danny" <ThierenD at kochind.com> wrote:

Hi all,

I'm thinking of picking up some Hafler Trio CDs, after having a chance to listen to some on-line.

According to the Mute site, only the following include Chris Watson in the line-up :

        Bang An Open Letter (KUT1CD)
        Walk Gently Through The Gates Of Joy (KUT2CD)
        Seven Hours Sleep (KUT3CD)

Is this correct ? The Brainwashed discography is not very clear on this subject. There are 6 re-released CDs available from the Mutebank (cheap !), so can I conclude that Chris did not participate on the following :

        Four Ways Of Saying Five (KUT4CD)
        All That Rises Must Converge (KUT5CD)
        A Thirsty Fish (KUT6CD)

The collaboration between the Halfer Trio and Autechre, released a few weeks ago, is a nice listening experience too.

Thanks for the input,

dv8 (waiting for RHK's URP to arrive ... I know I'm slow !).