[Nagnagnag] FW: Re: [Cabaretvoltaire] URP_Vol 1 rocks

Thierens, Danny ThierenD at kochind.com
Thu Apr 8 10:48:29 EDT 2004

I already have those (on vinyl and self-made CD, they are even up at Kiek's
server) ... I'm hoping for some previously unreleased jewels from that era !
_Digital Lifeforms_ and _Intensely Radioactive_ are 2 of my favorites,
fitting really well with Kirk's stuff on Warp and the whole _AI_ set.

dv8

PS : Talking about Warp, there was a recent interview with a well-known
Belgian writer (well-known in Belgium that is) about his 10 all-time
favorite releases. They included _The Crackdown_ (of course) and some
Autechre stuff. He described Autechre as jazz from the 24th century (Star
Trek era ?), which I somewhat tend to agree with. I adore most of the stuff
Autechre put out, but sometimes I just can NOT get my head around their
output as hard as I try ... Perhaps I'm just getting old or I shouldn't try
so hard.