[Nagnagnag] now i'm starting to get annoyed

Pat Slade pslade99 at hotmail.com
Tue May 27 13:49:42 EDT 2003

Hey all,

Thanks for updating Nic and pointing out Jon's reviews.

I also was taken back by the clarity on Methodology...I mean you hear the
words Attic Tapes, and my first thought was hmmm, but really these are
clean, baby.  Also, this might be the earliest CV, but those guys were spot
on right from the start.

Yeah, the useless inclusion of URLs purchased but that lead to nowhere bugs
me too:  what's the point?  Here's a question:  if you're Mute, and you just
released the Methodology cd, what the hell are you doing putting in URLs
that lead to nowhere, do you not have your own dedicated CV page at
http://www.mute.com/cabaretvoltaire?

Glad to see I am not the only one dancing up a storm to TWAT...god, the
beats are relentless.  I listened to both TWAT and BCD this weekend.  My
impressions were that BCD is slightly dubbier, but still has that Agents
like quality.  TWAT seems to be very beat driven, almost stripped down, drum
breaks, etc.  Again, though there's that Agents stream o' samples going
around in the background.  Both albums seem to have bits and pieces of
previous Kirk sounds which as usual makes me think:  what the heck will his
next album sound like??  I am of a:  Kirk is going to go someplace else, and
I can't wait!

We are in good times:  don't forget, we have the Yashar remixes to get down
to next month (the Alter Ego and Man from Basra ones rock) and if I'm not
mistaken, won't Mute release the dvd as well?

Keep on,

pat