[Nagnagnag] Re: Kirk XFM now mp3

JesseBaird at aol.com JesseBaird at aol.com
Sat May 3 04:17:14 EDT 2003

Excellent - now the function of the server is clear in my mind.   I have
really been enjoying the server because it contains numerous CV/RHK releases
that I have been utterly unable to locate, even as a diehard fan who has
spent the past 20 years scouring first record shops then online shops for
material.   It's like we are all meeting and exchanging tapes of rare
material that I otherwise would never hear.  The live stuff and the videos
are great, too.   For that reason I really appreciate Keik's service.

Also, I don't consider our group to be composed of your average greedy
fileswappers who fill up their hard drives with mp3s just to get music
without paying for it.  I order all new CV/RKH/SM releases, whether I have
them on mp3 or not.  If Wicky Wacky was rereleased on CD or LP, I would
order it, even though I have downloaded it from the server.   I download
stuff because as an obsessive fan I simply have to hear it.   I assume that
is why you all do it, too, since much of the conversation on this list is
about how and where to purchase new releases.  So I see the server as
stoking the fires of fandom rather than as extinguishing CV's income stream.

-Jesse

PS:  The Biochemical Dread CD is in my opinion probably the coolest CD RHK
has released in the past 2-3 years.   I really dig the choppy, noisy, mixing
techniques.