[Nagnagnag] Re: Kirk XFM now mp3

Tristan Jutras tristan at webspotter.com
Fri May 2 12:15:01 EDT 2003

Hi:

Just wanted to chime in with a "hear, hear" on Pat's and Matthew's comments.
Although I have yet to log in to the server myself (same problem as Matt), I
think it represents a fantastic opportunity to listen to the rarities, and
I'd like to thank Kiek (and the respective contributors) for his efforts
thus far, and respect his last response with regard to the purpose of the
server.

If anyone in the right places is listening, there is probably still some
untapped opportunity to make said rarities available in a 'legit' fashion
(at the right price). I might be a little old-fashioned, but will continue
to snap up any Cabs/RHK/Mal-related albums, singles or compilations, and
would much prefer an actual CD (artwork and all) to an MP3, no matter how
high the bit rate (and would rather rip said material myself, for convenient
personal use). I suspect there are others who feel the same way--otherwise,
why all the recent re-issues, compilations, etc.?

Now, how do we go about getting a CD release of the current vinyl-only
Alphaphone tracks?  :)

My 2 cents (for what they're worth),

Tristan

Tristan Jutras        | <mailto:tristan at webspotter.com>