[Nagnagnag] Ham

Tristan Jutras tristan at webspotter.com
Sun Jun 29 14:36:38 EDT 2003

Speaking only for myself (and not for Jean-Marc or anyone else), I think
it's fun having something special like 'Yorkshire Ham' that *isn't* on the
Web.

It's an obvious labour of love, packed with tons of fun reading, and
enveloped with a certain DIY aesthetic. As a whole, it makes for a great
deal of anticipation and ultimate satisfaction that is somehow lacking in
the instant-gratification world of the Internet.

Hardly a Luddite myself, I'm as guilty as anyone of partaking of said
instant gratification. To me, 'Yorkshire Ham' has an old-school charm that
evokes memories of yore, and would perhaps be somewhat sullied by its
'Webification'.

Then again, Jean-Marc might have grand plans for an RHK-based e-commerce
empire that he just hasn't told us about.   :)

For what it's worth,

Tristan

--
Tristan Jutras                  | <mailto:tristan at webspotter.com>