[Nagnagnag] Rain Band

Richard Smith - TW News r.smith at bbc.co.uk
Tue Jul 22 07:47:14 EDT 2003

Any ideas where to get it from Simon?

richard

-----Original Message-----
From: Simon Dell [mailto:simon at stroppy.demon.co.uk]
Sent: 21 July 2003 23:09
To: cabaretvoltaire at yahoogroups.com
Cc: nagnagnag at hollyfeld.org
Subject: [Nagnagnag] Rain Band

Hi all,

As I promised Pat, here is a bit of a review of the RHK remix of Knee
Deep And Down by the Rain Band.  I've got a 4 track promo 12", although
the official release seems to be 3 track 12" and CD single.  Both
official releases have the RHK remix on them.

Richard strips out a lot of the rock elements of the original as might
be expected and introduces a heavy bass drum, and a sequencer pattern
that reminds me a lot of New Order's Sub-Culture.  He also leaves in a
lot of the original vocals which make the track feel quite spacious.

I reckon it's worth getting.

That's it!

Cheers

Simon