[Nagnagnag] Rain Band

Simon Dell simon at stroppy.demon.co.uk
Tue Jul 22 00:08:38 EDT 2003

Hi all,

As I promised Pat, here is a bit of a review of the RHK remix of Knee
Deep And Down by the Rain Band.  I've got a 4 track promo 12", although
the official release seems to be 3 track 12" and CD single.  Both
official releases have the RHK remix on them.

Richard strips out a lot of the rock elements of the original as might
be expected and introduces a heavy bass drum, and a sequencer pattern
that reminds me a lot of New Order's Sub-Culture.  He also leaves in a
lot of the original vocals which make the track feel quite spacious.

I reckon it's worth getting.

That's it!

Cheers

Simon