[Nagnagnag] attic tapes

john smith jean_marclawtonll at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 3 08:55:12 EDT 2003

I put a mail up some time ago about how with the imminent release of the
first Cabs material on 'Methodology: The Attic Tapes' would allow us to
actually play all the Cabs albums in chronological order. There's probably
very few fans who've actaully been around for the whole trip ie bought and
listened to every album as they've been released

Then watching the Scottish sit-com 'The Book Club' (which is disgustingly
funny and features a gushing american girl at its core) gave me the idea of
setting up a similar project, but via e-mail and concentrating on the Cabs
and Kirk's solo work.

My idea is for those interested to have one week to listen to an album,
maybe associated singles etc too, and then post comments, opinions etc to
each other. I might write the whole thing up as a grand overview.

Presumably if we each set up a group e-mail address of members we could
converse in that way. I propose to call the project 'The Conversation' If
interested send me your name and e-mail address that you want to use. Then
we''ll create a start date to give people a chance to get and listen to
Methodology and then we'll get the ball rolling. The intention is to do an
album a week; should take about 70 weeks therefore. A long, but hopefully
enjoyable haul!

        Regards     Jean-Marc