[Nagnagnag] Kirk Re-cord track

john smith jean_marclawtonll at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 27 21:59:49 EST 2003

Hi, hopefully off to london to see Kirk on friday night.

Big idea: was watching scottish sit-com called 'Book Club' (which is run by
an american import girl surprisingly enough) and then was reading info about
forthcoming Cabs release 'Attic Tapes' and then realized it'll be the first
ever Cabs release..........

.........what a great time to start a Cabs albums / releases club. In fact
lets call it 'The Conversation' Its a version of the on off thing we've done
together.

It works like this; week one, every one (in the club)has a week to listen to
the album (we'll do them in chronological order) and then via the internet
we post our opinions / discuss them. We could also include any related
releases eg singles, 12"s. I'll keep all the posts and write them up as a
definitive Cabs / Kirk fans' views article for the fanzine.

It'd be different from a journos reviews as we're fans / more informed etc

Also its a way of living the whole Kirk experience in chronological order
from start to present which would be nice.

I wouldn't do it on Nag3 but as a block sender e-mail address. I'm tempted
to do it as just me and you, but I reckon we should 'hand pick' a few others
too whose opinions we value to get a more balanced view.

What do you reckon? I've already done the albums in chronological order in
YH2
           The God of small things