[Nagnagnag] Cabs DVD - help!

Dominic Tracey domtracey at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Jan 10 21:20:26 EST 2003

Hi all,

Well, seems to me the Cabs Hac DVD is an awkward disc indeed. I personally
bought a player to play just this disc and boy was I dissapointed when it
did'nt play. Now I know some players are hackable so you can manually choose
which region you want to play, there is a list of DVD players and remote
control key 'Hacks' at:

http://www.dvd.reviewer.co.uk/info/multiregion/default.asp

I found a hack for the Mico DVD player I bought, and sure enough by pressing
some numbers on the Keypad brought me to a 'secret menu', unfortunatly even
selecting REGION 0 on which was allready a multi region player did not get
the Cabs DVD to play.. but thats not the end....

I then got in the mail the new Ryoji Ikeda DVD 'formula' which was also a
Region 0 disc,  and I was dismayed to say the least.. I tried it in the
player and it bloody works. So I thought again why won't the Cabds DVD
play?? I popped it in the tray and it bloody plays - every time BUT ONLY
after putting the IKEDA dvd in on start-up. So you could also try this
amazing but bizzarre method. Get the Ryoji Ikeda DVD?? Honest I am not
making this up!!

Anyway if you ask me the Cherry Red DVD must be a bad pressing.

dom.