[Nagnagnag] Cabs DVD - help!

Mark Kolmar mark at burningrome.com
Thu Jan 9 10:03:45 EST 2003

I checked out the DVD on my computer.  There is an authoring problem for
sure.  PowerDVD would not play it as a disc.  It would play the VOB files,
though.  And SmartRipper says the video stream is NTSC on the copy I have.

Usually a DVD has at least an Audio_ts directory and Video_ts directory,
but the Cabs DVD is missing the Audio_ts (which would be empty anyway on
this type of DVD).  My guess is some of the players want to see that
directory, and if they don't, they say basically "What is this, some kind
of novelty flying disc?? Take it outside, then, and give me an actual DVD
please."  That, despite the existence of the Video_ts directory.

I wonder if Cherry Red would be able to recall and replace these?

--Mark