[Nagnagnag] no escape

Pat Slade pslade99 at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 2 09:57:14 EST 2003

Hey Nic and all,

> > No Escape is...amazing.  It's remarkable to me as a fan that 23 years
>later
> > we still get to discover new things.
>
>It was previously available on the Factory/Ikon videos, 'Ikon 1' and 'A
>Factory Video'. (My friend Chris has one of these - it also had all of
>New Order's Video 586 as an unlisted 20-odd minute bonus track!)

Hmm, I'd never seen it.  Mark F told me he thought the Cabs had shot another
video at the same location but wasn't sure which one it could be.

>I agree though, this DVD is pretty fantastic. The 1986 concert shows the
>Cabs at their height. All the new songs (some later to appear on Code)
>are brilliant in their raw pre-EMI form.

I wish they'd shown as much of RHK in the '86 show as in the '83 one...I
like to see what he's up to, or when he changes from the keyboard to the
guitar and back again.

>Sheer genius and Cherry Red are to be commended for releasing this.

I am hoping that someone, anyone follows their lead and releases more dvds
of the Cabs.  I don't need it to be well-lit and pristine, I just want to be
able to see and hear how fantastic they obviously were live.  Also, more
video showing Chris!  Most of the video releases have been post-Chris, so
here's hoping.

keep on all,