[Nagnagnag] Re: [Cabaretvoltaire] Why?

TIM LAWLESS timlawless at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 4 19:32:51 EST 2003

Thats not funny

>From: "john smith" >Reply-To: nagnagnag@hollyfeld.org >To:
nagnagnag@hollyfeld.org >Subject: Re: [Nagnagnag] Re: [Cabaretvoltaire]
Why? >Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2003 15:41:03 +0000 > >Can I just say that I've
NEVER taken drugs............... > >...............I always pay for mine
nagnagnag@hollyfeld.org >>To: cabaretvoltaire@yahoogroups.com,
nagnagnag@hollyfeld.org >>Subject: [Nagnagnag] Re: [Cabaretvoltaire] Why?
>>Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2003 09:01:14 -0500 >> >>Ed, >> >>??? >> >>>Do you
think Mal listens to each Kirk release? I can't >>>recall, are they on
speaking terms or not? What do you >>>think his take on RHK's output is?
>>the CV grapevine is these guys are still friends/on speaking terms. >>
As far as Mal's take, I haven't seen any interviews where he >>talks
specifics, usually the interviews are of the: RHK and I >>talked in the
last six months sorta thing. >> >> >>> >>>Do you think RHK was dissing
MLK with "In the Hearts of >>>Wildmen"? That is MLK sampled right? Who is
the "in the >>>hearts of wildmen" sample? Richard? And why end the song
>>>with "You can..." (is the author turning his back on MLK?) >>
>>Umm...I don't think the sample is of MLK. Malcolm X comes to mind,
>>but I'm not even 100% on this. As far as ending the song with you
>>can: He's simply used the same sample he used throughout the song >>and
stopped it short. >> >>I'm not getting a dis out of this at all. >> >>
>>>So why do I like RHK? I've just hypothesized that he's >>>racist. He's
an overweight druggy who smokes. I work out >>>(at least I try to), don't
smoke and was never really into >>>drugs. >> >>I would never, ever, think
of RHK as a rascist. How that word and >>his name can be mentioned in the
same breath escapes me >> >>This is a man who has celebrated all forms of
music, be it >>classical, jazz, rock and roll, reggae/dub... Artists he's
given >>props to include Miles Davis, John Coltrane, James Brown, George
>>Clinton, Curtis Mayfield, numerous dub artists. >> >>Remembering again
my CV grapevine, didn't RHK get married in >>Jamaica? Didn't RHK go to
Haiti, ala Wade Davis? Hasn't RHK been >>to Africa, maybe more than once?
him an overweight druggy who smokes? Does every other >>artist in your cd
stack have a perfect BMI and rosy pink lungs? >> >>I can't hold drug use
against anybody. I've taken them before too. >>It's very sad when you see
an artist like Syd Barrett unable to be >>well, the musical genius that
he was. But whatever drug use Kirk >>may or may not have indulged in, it
certainely hasn't hindered his >>musical output. >> >>Can you answer the
question as to why you like RHK? You and I go >>back a long way Ed in our
Kirk fandom, but you seem torn about >>something. How come? >> >>pat >>