Believe what you're saying? (was Re: [Nagnagnag] Why? (short comment))

bhaas swanhunter57 at mac.com
Tue Feb 4 00:30:17 EST 2003

Unfortunately, there are far too many artists, musicians, filmmakers,
whatever, who use racially or sexually charged images simply to shock,
or to seem dangerous or cool. Which eventually makes EVERY use of those
images seem calculated simply to shock or seem dangerous or cool. Which
makes it difficult to tell the artists from the poseurs (if I can put
it that way), and EVERYONE seems like a poseur. Nothing in CV's career
makes me think they've been anything but serious artists with a point
to make. (Maybe Kirk's been a little TOO po-faced, which is why I've
always kind of liked Mal more. Though Agents With False Memories was a
real hoot, and I mean that in a good way.)

But what happened in Providence? I live in Providence and I have no
idea what the reference is. Did I miss something?