[Nagnagnag] Watson rides with leather running through his beard

TJ Lawless tjlawless at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 11 21:49:44 EDT 2003

I know this sounds pretty incredulous, but has anyone heard of the Chris
Watson/Hells Angels connection???!! This is recorded in the book "Tape
Delay" by Charles Neal if anyone has this-a top tome.

Just something that has puzzled me for ages-or is it a Dadaist in-house
joke? It is in the chapter on The Hafler Trio, that CW spent time with the
Angels!!!! Its mentioned on page 186, I quote:

" Watson had first become interested in sound recording whilst a member of a
chapter of Hells Angels, enthused by the psychological effect caused by the
beating and phasing of motorbike engines revving up".

Was RHK in the sidecar??!!

Any thoughts?

Tim