[Nagnagnag] Biochemical Dread - 'Zanderix'

Maarten D. Schermer maarten.schermer at xs4all.nl
Fri Apr 4 11:26:02 EST 2003

~ix is not a very common suffix Dutch; probably the most common use in Dutch of names ending on ~ix is in the popular comic Asterix
& Obelix in which *all* Asterix' clan-members' names end with ~ix. The story @
http://www.spookslot.com/interbos/cyberwar/cyberwar16.html is definitely inspired by Asterix (the image of the angry emperor at
the top is actually from Asterix). The "zand" part of Zanderix is Dutch for "sand", which is all there is to it: the character in the story
is baking sand cakes while sitting in a sand tub (or whatever the word is - thing in playground with lots of sand).