[Nagnagnag] The Executioner

Simon Dell simon at stroppy.demon.co.uk
Sun Dec 22 09:33:23 EST 2002

Hi All,

Just wanted to let you know that I've finally tracked down a copy of
that elusive collaboration between Paul Haig and Rich + Mal called 'The
Executioner'.  Recorded in 1984 but only released on a Paul Haig
compilation LP 'European Sun' in 1987.

First impressions: much more melodic electronic music than the Cabs
usual fare, akin more to something like 'Dead Eyes Opened' by Severed
Heads.  Some samples added, of course, and Paul Haig intoning, rather
than singing, in a pronounced Scottish accent, lines like 'I Need An
Executioner'.  Good stuff.

Now, I only have a vinyl version, don't know if it was released on CD.
I don't have the wherewithall to convert it to an mp3 or wav file but if
someone would like a tape of it then it could be put in the files
section or on Kiek's server.

Cheers

Simon