[Grief] Grief Digest, Vol 114, Issue 15

Grant Regnaert tripreset at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 9 18:38:06 PDT 2012

I agree with what you are saying. And I have never thought of TG as a normal band. They definitely are not a normal band in the conventional sense nor do they have typical hits like most bands do. But nevertheless TG did release an album called Greatest Hits. :-)
And songs that fans consider to be classics or "hits", they did play a fair amount of them live... Especially during their second phase from 2004-2010.
People do shout for Hamburger Lady but I think that is mainly because they did play that song quite frequently live.. as well as other so called hits, or more popular tracks that people shout for as well, like Convincing People, Persuasion, What a Day, Discipline, Very Friendly etc.

And as for fans, sure maybe they did not want fans initially, but even they knew that sooner or later, if their music becomes popular with a certain group of people, you are gonna have fans... Whether your a conventional band that everyone has heard of like The Rolling Stones or The Beatles, or  one that has more of an underground, cult following, like TG, Coil, or Cabs.  That is just inevitable whether you  want fans or not.

Grant