[Grief] Grief Digest, Vol 114, Issue 15

ellis britzius zontar_98115 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 9 18:27:13 PDT 2012

Great analysis...

Cheers.

--- On Tue, 10/9/12, david brookes <harmaline23 at hotmail.com> wrote:

From: david brookes <harmaline23 at hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Grief] Grief Digest, Vol 114, Issue 15
To: "grief at hollyfeld.org" <grief at hollyfeld.org>
Date: Tuesday, October 9, 2012, 5:35 PM

You are making a mistake by considering TG as a 'band' in the conventional sense, eg, replicating what was on their their LP's, playing the 'hits' etc. That's exactly the thing they were fighting against, the conformity of rock n roll, it's inherent cliches and the expectation of a rock audience towards a rock band.
I still find it amusing that people think of TG as a normal band, and expect them to behave that way. That's why they got disillusioned by the end, with people in the audience shouting for 'Hamburger Lady', asking for autographs, they didn't want 'fans' they wanted to influence people who heard TG music to think for themselves and create their own individual artistic path in life