[Grief] SCOM

Ben Waddington falsedog at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 25 12:28:30 PDT 2011

I can't say for sure - you may be right, as Persuasion is on the bonus
disc for Greatest Hits and it already appears (of course) on 20 Jazz
Funk Greats. Something Came Over Me also appears in Heathen Earth - sort of. But Distant Dreams would always have to be "buried" as a bonus
track wherever it appeared, in the format of these reissues. I would
have thought the selections would be pretty careful given the thorough
overhaul of the whole project (which was from masters).

You could be the "nerd" at the Rough Trade shop Q&A and find out for sure! ;0)

>>really?  do you honestly think they intentionally chose not to include
a popular song like "Something Came Over Me"?

sorry, but when I look at the tracklistings and notice that the bonus
material matches up with the original CD editions closer than a
chronological account of albums and singles, i'm a bit suspicious. i hate
to say but i'm now more inclined to believe that these remasters might
actually be remastered from the CD editions and not from original
tapes.

i did notice distant dreams part two after i posted the note, and yes
it's buried as a bonus track, strangely enough.

On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 7:58 AM, Ben Waddington <falsedog at yahoo.com> wrote:
> ?No "Something Came Over Me", but "Distant Dreams (Part two)" is there, on
> CD2 of Greatest Hits. A couple of interesting extras there too: "The Old Man
> Smiled (alt version)" and "AB7B" !
>
> I'm sure they didn't forget, but rather chose not to.
>

>>Looks like they forgot "Distant Dreams (Part Two)" and "Something Came Over
>> Me"
>

> jon

End of Grief Digest, Vol 105, Issue 6