[Grief] Vinyl on Demand Jarman Themes

Ben Waddington falsedog at yahoo.com
Wed May 4 11:48:23 PDT 2011

I just got the PTV 4 disc set from Vinyl on Demand, centred around At Stockholm
and an early NY live show. Amongst the extras are 2 cuts I'd say were actually
TG rather than PTV! These sound like In The Shadow of the Sun (but aren't merely
edits, I'm pretty sure) and are dated 1 Feb 1981. Something for the obsessive!

This and the Themes box set from Cold Spring made me remember a PTV Jarman theme
from a short film I don't think I've ever seen described (ie., the music)
anywhere, let alone released. I wonder if anyone here knows anything more about
it? I don't remember the title but the the music was Dreams Less Sweet era -
there were ringing telephones &c as per that album, but again not an extract
from the LP. I'd love to hear it again!

Thanks

Ben