[Grief] TG remaster

david brookes harmaline23 at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 21 09:35:07 PST 2011

I remember when the TGV box came out and how shocked I was at how poor the quality compared to the Jettisounds VHS copies. I emailed Chris who forwarded my email to Sleazy and he gave me an explanation as to why the quality is so poor. Apparently none of the original U-Matic masters exist so they had to use high generation copies. I think the originals were taken by Scotland Yard when they raided Gen's house in the 80's. I have an original Industrial Records mail order Heathen Earth VHS (IRV1) and its so much better than the TGV version, it is also uncensored so you can see the porno film they were showing on the screen ;) I was thinking of having it professionally transferred to Blu-Ray in the near future.
I went for the FLAC downloads of the remasters and as much as I enjoyed them I did hear some clipping and distortion that wasn't on the 1991 CDs, maybe someone could spectrum analyze the audio to see how much compression was used this time?