[Grief] TG and David Bowie

Wes Moynihan wesleymoynihan at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 03:11:29 PST 2011

Hey everyone,

Just a quick question for the List - I was flicking thru an old Record
Collector (#185) at the w/end,  which featured an article (and
pricelist) on Industrial Music. Part of the text mentioned that in
1980 David Bowie declared TG to be "the most interesting thing
happening in the UK". I was wondering if anyone had ever come across
that quote before... The only time I've seen mention of Bowie by
anyone in TG was when Gen poked fun at Burroughs for doing the
interview with Bowie (in the early 70's if I remember rightly), but I
do wonder if TG consciously lifted the flash-of-electricity symbol
from Bowie's Ziggy Stardust tour ? Currently enjoying the TG
remasters...

Thanks,
Wes