[Grief] Chris Carter remastered album out now

Grant Regnaert tripreset at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 25 09:11:46 PDT 2010

The Space(s) Between, Carter's first album of excellent early electronica, from the '70's, that was released in 1980 on Industrial Records, is now remastered & available for sale on LP on Optimo. The MAJOR problem is that they have done a great injustice to Carter, as they only released 6 tracks! The original 90 min. cassette had 18 tracks, then the 1991 76 min. remastered Mute CD had 15 tracks (due to CD time limitations). DJ Optimo said "I wanted the best possible sound so I picked my favorite 6 tracks out of the 15, which wasnt easy at all as they're all great." This is a travesty! If he truly wanted the "Best possible sound" & wanted it on vinyl, then at least give Carter the credit/respect he deserves & release it on double or triple LP! Or at LEAST make it available, in its full form, on CD, too! I love Carter & own all his CDs, even the original cassette with all 18 tracks & was looking forward to this remastered release for a year, but this is a joke & one "album" I'll sadly be passing on. ~ Grant