[Grief] Peter Christopherson

Grant Regnaert tripreset at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 27 11:10:05 PST 2010

I am a huge fan of Peter's work, and I didn't buy some of his albums, I bought ALL of them. I also had great respect for him. I liked him as a person. And I did know some "private" areas of his life, because he was also a friend of mine, too. And every one of my friends I've told about our great loss, the first thing they all say to me is "Wow, only 55! Im so sorry! How did he die?" If my brother died today, the first thing I'd ask is "HOW?". Its a very natural question. Btw, I've just learned from a mutual friend of Peter's- someone we all know as well- that he had been complaining of respiratory difficulties when flying lately. So it may not have had anything at all to do with him being overweight. We won't know anything until we get an official cause of death. But as Jon Whitney pointed out, lately he's seen a lot of 20 & 30 yr olds, who fly a lot, dying due to pulminary embolisms. And lately Peter was flying a lot. Now I'm NOT saying that is the cause of his tragic death, but it's of interest to note.