[Grief] Peter Christopherson

s. borges sergio433 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 26 13:55:49 PST 2010

Christopherson was overweight and probably ate whatever was at hand - at his
mid 50 and to suddenly die in his sleep, this may have been the cause. I'm a
good deal younger than him, at 41, actually under my weight and quite lean,
exercise daily, do not eat anything sweet or with sugar, food very low on
fat, a good deal of vegetables and so on and so forth - yet, still, I suffer
from high blood pressure and rather poor health and am already on
medication. From glancing at Christopherson's more recent photos - the only
exercise he probably engaged in was programming MAX/MSP on this
laptop....becaming too overweight for his good, and the heart just gave in -
just a glance of his photos when in Coum and TG, comparing to recent shots,
it really does amaze me on how much weight he gained over the years. This is
also quite visible in a few and very recent interviews I have seen on
Youtube. I really don't believe the death was due to pulmonary embolism -
unfortunately, Christopherson was probably very lax with his health and paid
the price - a pity, especially from someone with such a rich output and
great music. No doubt, his genius will be greatly missed.

cheers, s.