[Grief] TG split

LIC lactose.intolerant.cat at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 04:45:29 PDT 2010

The original notice that was published on the TG site, looked like
someone had had a few hits from the hotel mini bar and sent a pissed
(drunken) email, then went and had an oh shit moment.  In the recent
post from Gen it looks like he's getting ready to hop on a tall horse,
and start flailing his hand bag about again, as happened a while back
when  cosey had an exibition at the tate, and he gave a rather nasty
interview to some art magazine.

my 2c

On 5 November 2010 14:12, Grant Regnaert <tripreset at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, it is quite strange. I mean why tell us that you are going to "compose
> a written version of the series of events we believe led to my being unable
> to remain part of this short tour by the regrouped TG that feels acceptable
> to us, we will post it."? Why not just tell us now?? And where he says the
> reasons that "feels acceptable" to us, it sort of comes across like he
> doesn't quite know why he left himself yet! Haha. But yes, it seems pretty
> veiled. I have no idea what he is alluding to either. But I find it funny
> that he says "WE did not and have no wish to quit TG." We? I didn't realize
> that his gopher/assistant/errand boy Ryan was a member of TG. Lol. But
> seriously, I am really looking forward to what his reasons for leaving
> are/were. And hopefully it will make more sense and shed some light on this
> whole situation, once he finally does make his official statement.
>
> ________________________________
> From: swindonbakery at gmail.com
> Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 15:57:56 -0700
> To: grief at hollyfeld.org
> Subject: Re: [Grief] TG split
>
> Strange. It's not a statement about leaving, but on the leaving.
> It's sober, but actually reading it through it's pretty veiled.  What the
> hell is he alluding to most of the time?
> And strange that he says he has (not had) no wish to quit TG. Huh? Why the
> present tense?
> Perhaps more will be revealed that makes sense.
> On Nov 4, 2010, at 1:44 PM, InnerSanctum XVIII wrote:
> Recently posted on Genesis site:
>
> Dear Friends,
>
> We have seen and heard various inaccurate, erroneous, even sometimes
> libelous speculations about why we felt compelled to drop out of the current
> Throbbing Gristle tour. As a result we intend to address these matters in
> full as soon as possible. We hope that what we state now, and later, will be
> clear, will not fan the flames of destructive gossip, will not seem negative
> and will reduce an somewhat dramatic situation into a simpler story. We want
> to make it clear right now that we did not, and have no wish to quit TG.
> Obviously there is more involved than just that simple statement.
> Personally, at this point of my life, my position is that the inner workings
> and dynamics of any band, but especially of TG, are as intimate, unique and
> most of all complex as they are within any family. Unfortunately, even at
> the level TG occupy in popular culture, band business becomes potentially
> everyone’s business. We all know the internet has amplified the speed of
> distribution of “information” almost as fast as it has accelerated the
> decline of accuracy worldwide. We have no interest in pointing fingers (or
> is it claws?) at various people or sites and accusing them of letting the
> cat out of the bag. Bickering is never attractive, not one on one nor within
> the realms of an ever expanding media fueled by smart phone technologies and
> [...]

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.