[Grief] Re: Grief Digest, Vol 87, Issue 13

s. borges sergio433 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 6 20:56:01 PST 2010

Impressive thread! Woe! But, again, this comes with little surprise. GPO
doesn't come out in very favourable light in the Wreckers book (the quotes
by Cosey on him are telling) and I have read a few interviews by people who
worked with him - seems that he quite a difficult person and has a bit of
an ego problem - I once read an interview with his former wife, Paula, on
the web and what a depressing piece it was - I felt a bit sorry for the
woman - it seems that GPO gave her hell after the split. I totally agree
with one of the above notes here - GPO, for me at least, is only interesting
within the TG context - his career thereafter really never did cut it for
me. Quite different from Christopherson/Coil and Cosey & Carter who seem to
have not only survived TG, but did some very fine work after it (of late,
have been hearing some Coil and bought the "Dark Age of Love" - amazing
stuff!), GPO seems to have lost his way some how - there isn't too much by
him post-TG that I find worthwhile.

cheers, s., rio (under a full, raging tropical storm!).