[Grief] Re: Grief Digest, Vol 87, Issue 13

Angus Spottiswoode swindonbakery at gmail.com
Sat Mar 6 15:10:59 PST 2010

Personally, I much much prefer GPO in the context of TG. I don't find
much else of his musical (however much that is him, or his
collaborators) and/or spoken word output that palatable. I also think
back in the TG days he was more of a genuine cultural innovator. I
mean, TG wouldn't have been invented with out him. That is quite
something.

As for Fred, I think you obviously have some amazing tales from your
time with him. I am actually enjoying hearing them.
Perhaps you should write a book too?

On Mar 6, 2010, at 2:16 PM, Mark Kolmar wrote:

> I find that artists who do some great work are never as great as
> what they do.  GPO has had some mind-boggling work over the last 35
> years or so.  He may be a complete train-wreck on a personal basis.
> That should take nothing away from the best of his music, unless
> perhaps you dealt with him personally.  Too bad about that if you
> did.  I picked up one of the recent Thee Majesty records, and
> honestly I could not stand to listen to any one track all the way
> through.  Terrible rockist dreck. Possibly he has another worthwhile
> electro-acoustic work in him, or a compelling spoken-word piece, or
> maybe not.  It's all been out there for us to judge.
>
> --Mark
>
> telepathic at comcast.net wrote:
>> Not all of us have the $ to pursue lawsuits or frivolous plastic
>> surgery.
>> FYI, I have no interest in fame whatsoever.  Gen's the desperate
>> one clinging to the hollow concept of "fame". Why are you so
>> involved in clinging to your favorable perception of that loser ?
>> I can assure you that most of the people involved in PTV the years
>> I was involved feel similar and think along the same lines as I
>> do.  I just happen to be able to say them publicly so that people
>> like you seem to get annoyed.  Either way I'm just chuckling at him
>> and those who are devoted to his bullshit. telepathic regards,
>> the kooky scientist
>> Message: 5
>> Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2010 02:26:40 +0000
>> From: david brookes <harmaline23 at hotmail.com>
>> Subject: RE: [Grief] Re: Grief Digest, Vol 87, Issue 12
>> To: <grief at hollyfeld.org>
>> I agree, surely you would and could have resolved this money issue
>> legally year's ago, so why haven't you? I guess you're too busy
>> clinging on to your 15 minutes of being 'nearly' famous a decade or
>> so ago.

www.aspottiswoode.com
My LinkedIn Profile

http://swindonbakery.posterous.com/