[Grief] Re: Grief Digest, Vol 87, Issue 13

Mark Kolmar mark at burningrome.com
Sat Mar 6 16:16:53 PST 2010

I find that artists who do some great work are never as great as what
they do.  GPO has had some mind-boggling work over the last 35 years or
so.  He may be a complete train-wreck on a personal basis.  That should
take nothing away from the best of his music, unless perhaps you dealt
with him personally.  Too bad about that if you did.  I picked up one of
the recent Thee Majesty records, and honestly I could not stand to
listen to any one track all the way through.  Terrible rockist dreck.
Possibly he has another worthwhile electro-acoustic work in him, or a
compelling spoken-word piece, or maybe not.  It's all been out there for
us to judge.

--Mark