[Grief] Unused "Gristleisms"?

Angus Spottiswoode swindonbakery at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 16:32:03 PST 2010

While we're on the subject, does anyone agree that the "card" itself
is a bit lame? I was hoping for something more like a sturdy postcard.
Perhaps with a picture of Camber Sands on the other side. Though these
do remind me of those old "cigarette cards", which is rather cool. A
TG cigarette packet would be cool. 10p for a packet of fags, anyone?

On Jan 8, 2010, at 4:21 PM, Grant Regnaert wrote:

> Ha! My mistake, too! I was sent two Gristleism cards (by mistake, I
> think???), both grey colour, so I assumed there was only just those
> four.
>
> From: tripreset at hotmail.com
> To: grief at hollyfeld.org
> Subject: RE: [Grief] Unused "Gristleisms"?
> Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2010 17:13:12 -0700
>
> Thanks for the review link, Angus. And I'm with you. I also like the
> 4 unused slogans a lot better. Wonder why they didn't use them?
> IMHO, I think that TG should have used those four that you listed,
> along with four more, to have 3 different cards of slogans for all 3
> colours. That would've made more sense. Unless TG already did do
> that and I'm only aware of the 4 slogans that came with mine.
>
> From: swindonbakery at gmail.com
> To: grief at hollyfeld.org
> Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2010 15:41:57 -0800
> Subject: [Grief] Unused "Gristleisms"?
>
> Of minor interest perhaps.
>
> I checked out this review of the Gristleism:
>
> http://drownedinsound.com/community/boards/music/4211101
>
> and it mentions four Gristleism slogans that, as far as I
> understood, were not amongst the ones listed as being with the
> units. At least I never heard of them before. They are:
>
> "Entertainment Through Pain", "Ugly As Your Pastime", "Assume All
> Communications Tapped", "Data Is Nothing, Action Is Everything"
>
> Personally I think these are much better than the ones that went out.
>

> Hotmail: Trusted email with powerful SPAM protection. Sign up now.
> Your E-mail and More On-the-Go. Get Windows Live Hotmail Free. Sign

www.aspottiswoode.com
My LinkedIn Profile

http://swindonbakery.posterous.com/

http://dreadontheweb.blogspot.com/