[Grief] Cosey on bootlegs

Angus Spottiswoode swindonbakery at gmail.com
Sat Jun 20 16:11:32 PDT 2009

"We were going to do downloads of all the gigs when we got back [from
America] but so many bootlegs got out that we’re re-thinking it. It’s
unavoidable but it doesn’t make it right. If you want music to be out
there, someone has to pay for it to continue and I do wish people
would suddenly have that revelation. We’re not asking people to pay a
fortune because they are done at a budget price – we’ve always done
that.
It is a horrible feeling that suddenly your work is worthless. You
think “I spent a year making this and it’s worth nothing.” That's my
heart and soul, not something I’ve just knocked together in the shed."
Just read this quote on the (excellent, great pics too) new interview
with Cosey here:

http://www.wheelmeout.com/issue4/1.php

For what it's worth, I would like to say that, personally, I would
happily pay a budget price for official downloads of the shows to
support the band and because the sound would be mixed really well.

And I wonder if anyone else feels the same, or is it just me?

And if it isn't just me, I wonder if any of the people on this list
who speak to the band could pass on this sentiment?

It's dismaying to hear her saying that the work suddenly feels
worthless.