[Grief] Merchandise

Angus Spottiswoode swindonbakery at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 15:38:03 PST 2009

First of all, thank you to Grant for passing on the news! Much
appreciated!

Secondly, my thoughts on the $$$ issue...

True, but everyone's got to eat. TG is their legacy. They devoted six
years of their lives to a FULLY-comitted art project. It was ground-
breaking and provocative and I imagine not an easy lifestyle. They
lived it like they talked it.

I'm happy to pay for a new album, a t-shirt and a badge.

Though I resent the ridiculous stuff like the vinyl 32nd AR. That was
bullshit.

Also, and perhaps this is reaching, but haven't TG always been about
the fetishization of "product"? They were never really about warm and
fuzzy altruistic sharing, we're they? The very name Industrial Records
implies a cold, machine-like distribution method. It seemed like it
was an "investigation" into corporations and business. I mean, the
name "2nd Annual Report" is a pretty big clue...

I don't know, maybe I'm misinterpreting.

On Feb 18, 2009, at 2:55 PM, "InnerSanctum XXVIII" <fredrik.ostrom at telia.com