[Grief] Gristleism new loop names

Jon Whitney turbid at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 09:50:02 PST 2009

Brian Eno seems likely to me, given his love for gadgets (including
the FM3 buddha box) and Sleazy's love for Eno's applications.

I doubt they've had much contact with Lustmord in the last 15 years
since the TG Live box but I could be wrong.

On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 4:02 AM, rob beeston <thrrobb at hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
> brian 'lustmord' williams, i imagine.
>
> ________________________________
> From: tripreset at hotmail.com
> To: grief at hollyfeld.org
> Subject: RE: [Grief] Gristleism new loop names
> Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 23:36:28 -0700
>
> As Homer Simpson would say: "D'oh!" You're right. I am sure that R&D does
> stand for Research and Development. Totally makes sense. Can't believe I
> totally missed that! : ) Now, as for this unknown "Brian", next time I email
> Cosey or Sleazy, I'll ask 'em and see if they'll clue me in as to just WHO
> this mysterious Brian is (bum-bum ba)! Lol
>
> ________________________________
> From: swindonbakery at gmail.com
> To: grief at hollyfeld.org
> Subject: Re: [Grief] Gristleism new loop names
> Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 22:14:20 -0800
> CC: grief at hollyfeld.org
>
> R&D is surely Research & Development, a standard industrial acronym and
> suitably distant and corporate for TG.
>
> As for Brian, good suggestions, thanks. I think maybe it's an in-joke
> reference to someone in the TG circle. Still curious to know who though.
>

> On Dec 8, 2009, at 8:08 PM, Grant Regnaert <tripreset at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> Oh, I gotcha. But yes, it is curious, that's for sure. Usually a "Thank You
> Brian" is found in the credit/liner notes of an album, not as the title of a
> song or a loop. Odd title for a loop, but then again, this is TG were
> talking about.... ; )
>
> ________________________________
> Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 01:51:23 -0200
> Subject: Re: [Grief] Gristleism new loop names
> From: sergio433 at gmail.com
> To: grief at hollyfeld.org
>
> I got it wrong - I thought that the "brian" was spoken, not written.
> Curious. cheers, s.
>
> 2009/12/9 Grant Regnaert <tripreset at hotmail.com>
>
> Yeah, Brian Jones is really much more of a Psychic TV thing.... although it
> still could be him.... who knows? But, what I do know, is that the "Brian"
> is definitely not Brion Gysin (even though Gysin would make more sense),
> because TG would never thank Brion, then deliberately mispell his name as
> "Brian". So, I don't know who the "Brian" is that TG is thanking. But, I am
> pretty certain that whoever it is, it's a Brian who actually spells his name
> as "B-R-I-A-N", which rules out Gysin. And on the topic of the new loops, I
> am curious what R and D stand for in "R & D".
>
> ________________________________
> Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 00:09:05 -0200
> Subject: Re: [Grief] Gristleism new loop names
> From: sergio433 at gmail.com
> To: grief at hollyfeld.org
>
> I haven't got the gadget, nor really tend to, but in regard to the "brian",
> it could be Brian Jones (of the Rolling Stones - though that's more of a
> Psychic TV thing) or, more likely, the also late Brion Gysin, beat poet,
> writer and man-about-town - for those interested, I suggested the following,
> which is quite a very good read:
>
> Nothing Is True - Everything Is Permitted: The Life of Brion Gysin by John
> [...]

Brainwashed Inc:
brainwashed.com | Brainwashed Recordings | Killer Pimp Music | Brainwaves Fest
P.O. Box 7 / Arlington, MA 02476 / USA