[Grief] Gristleism arrived in LA

Angus Spottiswoode swindonbakery at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 14:10:17 PST 2009

I have received my black badged one here in LA, from Greedbag. Here
are my thoughts.

The outside packaging is nice. As an art-object it's more attractive
(and smaller) than I imagined. As a sonic device, it's fair, but the
fidelity is not great. The thing crackles a lot at the top end. Some
might say that this adds to the TG sound. Not for me.

The loops are cool. Shame I know most of them so well that they have
somewhat lost their novelty, though they all sound REALLY nasty coming
out of the device, especially old nuggets like 'Persuasion' and
'Hamburger Lady'. Somehow hearing the cries of 'Persuasion' coming out
of a little box on your desk is very disturbing. It's like there's a
demon in there or something.

And there are the four new loops, which are groovy. Nice to hear new
stuff.

I haven't really played with the pitch control.

Although my initial reaction was muted, perhaps playing with it it's
going to grow on me.