[Grief] TG live recordings...

Jon Whitney turbid at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 07:28:57 PDT 2009

Chris did a good job of piecing together audience and sound board
recordings with the C&C recording "Union" so I imagine they could get
some great dynamics if they took this approach with the shows...

On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 3:55 AM, Grant Regnaert<tripreset at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Re: the recent TG live recordings; Sleazy told me 2 wks ago that TG was in a
> bit of a pickle as to how to go about releasing them. Turns out some of the
> bootlegs are (ironically) better sounding quality than what TG has! So,
> whether to release what TG recorded, or to bootleg the bootleggers, etc, is
> a decision they've not come up with a good answer for yet. SleaZ said to let
> him know if I found any good quality bootlegs, that they may have missed.
> And I did. 2 NY gigs a friend recorded. So I told him, but haven't heard
> back yet. So maybe TG came to a decision! So I'm hoping TG will release the
> 13 live April performances (maybe the June Heaven gigs, too & if we're
> lucky, ALL the gigs from 2004-09!) in the near future for dwnload, or even
> better, in a nice box set, similar to TG24 & TG+ (the first 6 yrs live
> 1976-81), like a "new" TG24 (the last 6 yrs live 2004-09). Now THAT would be
> sweet! : )
>
> ________________________________
> Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2009 23:15:58 -0500
> Subject: Re: [Grief] Re: ???????
> From: idoltaxi at gmail.com
> To: grief at hollyfeld.org
>
> yeah there is a lot of complaining to be donw
>
> I want those live recordings available digitally get off your high horse
> guys I'll pay whatever =\
>
> I fancy toying with sounds but nothing serious...analog or digital wouldn't
> matter too much to me, as long as I can afford it haha -_-;; Would certainly
> be neat to have if it's indeed something along these lines.
>
> On 8/9/09, Angus Spottiswoode <swindonbakery at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Welcome to the wonderful world of the TG list. All 10 of us. Now you can
> join us bitching about over-priced TG fetish objects ;)
>

> On Aug 9, 2009, at 6:55 PM, Frank Lohmeyer <godzilla at franklohmeyer.com>
> wrote:
>
> Now for those of us who make music:
> would it make a difference if that 'hush hush project.... coming soon'ish! '
> were analog or digital?
> What d'ya think?
> Greetings to the list, I've subscribed years ago but I think this is my
> first post. :)
> Frank

Brainwashed Inc:
brainwashed.com | Brainwashed Recordings | Killer Pimp Music | Brainwaves Fest
P.O. Box 7 / Arlington, MA 02476 / USA